You are here
Moving to France? Call Selectra's English-speaking customer service phone number at 09 87 67 37 93 (Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 8 pm, Saturdays from 9.30 am to 6 pm) to open an electricity and/or gas account in your name with an alternate supplier. Our comparison service can help you find the plan and provider that meets your needs. Selectra is an Internet and energy comparison service that helps you find competitive offers with our partner suppliers. Find out more (in French) Announcement
EDF (Electricité de France) English Speaking Customer Service Helpline
The correct number to call to reach EDF (Electricité de France) English speaking customer service depends on your reasons for calling. You can find English-speaking help for EDF over the phone, online, and (sometimes) in person. Find out more about EDF's English speaking customer service helpline in our guide.
Why Call EDF?
EDF customer service can help you with the following concerns:
- Questions about your bill
- Update your personal information (change of phone number, change of address)
- Questions about your power consumption
- To request to change the puissance de compteur (your meter's power capacity) if you are already an EDF customer
When NOT to Call EDF Customer Service
- When looking for a new supplier or to compare offers: call Selectra's English-speaking helpline at 09 87 67 37 93 instead. We have partnerships with suppliers that are able to offer better customer service and lower rates than EDF
- When requesting to install new electric service (call ENEDIS instead)
- When you want to register a meter reading or pay a bill over the phone (call EDF's automated number)
- To report a power outage: call ENEDIS at 09 726 750 + your department's number (e.g. for Paris: 09 726 750 75)
English-Speaking Customer Service Helpline
EDF's English-speaking customer service helpline is 09 69 36 63 83 (or +339 69 36 63 83 for international customers who are dialing from abroad). Press 1 for technical support, or press 2 for customer service questions. This number is free when dialed from a French landline, but may be subject to charges when dialed from a mobile phone or from abroad.
EDF's regular customer service number (in French) is 09 69 32 15 15. It is also free when dialed from a French landline (but may be subject to mobile operator charges when dialed from a cell phone - check with your provider).
When to call the EDF Customer Helpline
Waiting times to reach a live customer agent vary throughout the day. In general, try to avoid calling EDF in the morning and especially on Monday. The best times to call EDF are midday and at the end of the week.
|Likelihood of long waiting time||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday||Saturday|
|Morning (8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)||Very high||Medium||Medium||Medium||Low||Medium|
|Midday (12:30 p.m.- 2:00 p.m.)||Medium||Low||Low||Low||Low||Low|
|Afternoon (2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.)||Very high||Medium||Medium||Medium||Low||Low|
|Evening (6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)||Medium||Low||Low||Low||Low||Low|
Customer Service for Businesses
EDF separates commercial customers into two categories: "small professionals" Service client EDF Pro, and businesses, Service client EDF Entreprises. Note that EDF does not operate English speaking helplines for business customers.
- EDF Pro: call 0810 333 776 (in French). Customer service for this number is available Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- EDF Entreprises: call 0 820 821 333 (in French)
EDF's Automated Number
If you would like to pay your bill over the phone or if you would like to register a meter reading, don't call EDF customer service, but rather call their automated helpline, at 0800 123 333. This number is free to call (no additional charges), but as the automated instructions are given in French, you might want to enlist the help of a French speaker when making use of it!
Other Ways to Contact EDF
Depending on your situation and your needs, calling EDF may be the most efficient way to reach a customer service agent. That being said, there are other ways to reach EDF English speaking customer service if you do not yet have a French phone number:
EDF Online Customer Service
You can access customer support on EDF's website, through your online account espace client. The following services are possible online:
- View and/or pay your bills online
- Register a meter reading
- Modify your personal information (phone number, address, etc)
- Change the nature of your electricity plan (switch offers, end your contract)
EDF has also created an app, called EDF&MOI that you can download for free on your smartphone. Note that EDF online customer support is now available in English, though information is limited.
EDF Agencies Throughout France
EDF operates 112 boutiques throughout France. It is possible - though not guaranteed - that you may find somebody that speaks English there. Find the agency nearest to you in our EDF agency directory.
EDF Customer Service Postal Address
Notifying EDF of a customer service concern via post may not be the quickest means of obtaining a response, but may be appropriate in some cases (such as if you wish to file a complaint).
EDF Service Clients
41975 BLOIS Cedex 9
Other EDF Postal Addresses
EDF Service Consommateurs
41975 BLOIS CEDEX 9
Médiateur national de l'énergie
Libre réponse N°59252
75443 PARIS CEDEX
Electricité de France EDF
22-30 avenue de Wagram