Enercoop, Renewable Energy Cooperative
Enercoop is a renewable energy supplier in France. Run as a cooperative, it seeks to promote renewable energy production in France, and counts many actors within the environmental activist scene in France as members.
Enercoop is an alternate supplier that was created in 2005 as a cooperative (more specifically, as a SCIC - Société Coopérative d'Intérêt Collectif). Its founding members include various important actors in the French environmental scene, including Greenpeace, Biocoop, les Amis de la Terre, and others. The goal of the supplier is join energy producers and consumers so that all are involved in promoting renewable energy production at a local level.
Enercoop began selling to residential customers in 2007 when the French energy markets opened to competition. The supplier developed regional energy cooperatives as it evolved. In 2015, Enercoop counted 10 cooperatives that provided more than 110 GWh of renewable energy for 25,000 clients.
Enercoop is an energy supplier that is pas comme les autres ("not like the others"), and the cooperative goes beyond the role of supplier of energy by seeking to engage a wider public in energy issues, notably the energy transition. Common positions that Enercoop members share include:
- Rejection of nuclear energy: along with questionable environmental consequences, France's reliance on cheap nuclear electricity is a hindrance to attempts to reduce energy consumption
- The current, centralised electricity productions system is inefficient, and leads to mismatches between supply and demand, leading to unnecessary losses. Decentralised energy production systems, situated closer to the consumer, should be developed instead.
- Renewable energy in France is currently underdeveloped and underfunded, something that Enercoop seeks to correct
- With fossil fuels rapidly depleting, it is important to quickly develop renewable power sources
A Green Energy SupplierEnercoop sources its electricity supply from 100% renewable sources. The supplier counts 100 energy producers throughout France, which includes 62 hydropower facilities, 25 wind farms, 2 biomass facilities, and 11 solar power installations.
Unlike other suppliers in France, who purchase electricity supply on the wholesale market from generation companies, Enercoop's prices are based on the cost of supply (and not based on market prices). Enercoop's electricity supply rates are more expensive than the EDF regulated tariffs, by about 6 - 10€/month (depending on your existing electricity consumption). However, given Enercoop's unique structure and their activist mission, paying a small premium is not an issue for Enercoop clients.
|Puissance de compteur||Subscription Charge||Per kWh rate||Sign Up|
Our thoughts: Customers choose Enercoop for their mission and values, and not for the prices
Looking for a Renewable Energy Supplier in France?Check out our guide to French renewable energy suppliers, or call Selectra´s English speaking customer service to sign up with one of our partner green energy suppliers 09 87 67 37 93 or ask for a free callback.
How to Contact Enercoop
Below are all the ways you can use to get in touch with the Enercoop customer service.
Enercoop Phone Numbers
The general Enercoop phone number is 01 75 44 41 56, which you can contact from Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm. Make sure you have your latest Enercoop bill at hand before you make the call)
You can also get in contact directly with the Enercoop cooperative local to your area, for questions related to the production of electricity in your region. Below is the list of the Enercoop cooperatives and their respective phone numbers.
|Enercoop Ardennes-Champagne||03 10 29 00 00|
|Enercoop Bretagne||02 30 96 65 83|
|Enercoop Nord-Pas de Calais - Picardie||03 62 27 97 50|
|Enercoop Normandie||02 32 80 99 80|
|Enercoop Île-de-France||09 70 68 07 65|
|Enercoop Aquitaine||05 47 50 05 92|
|Enercoop Midi-Pyrénées||05 32 50 04 90|
|Enercoop Languedoc-Roussillon||09 72 12 64 03|
|Enercoop Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur||04 84 25 89 19|
|Enercoop Rhône-Alpes||04 56 40 04 20|
Enercoop English-Speaking Customer Service
Enercoop does not currently offer English-speaking customer service. This said, customers who are comfortable speaking and understanding French and are interested in signing up for a plan with Enercoop can do so online on their website.
Contacting Enercoop online
Enercoop gives you the option of contacting them online if you prefer. You can alternatively:
- Send an email the following address: email@example.com
- Fill out this Enercoop contact form on their website
- Reach out to the provider on their Facebook or Twitter account
Enercoop Postal Address
Enercoop's postal address is as follows:
16/18 Quai de Loire
This is also the address of Enercoop's headquarters.
Enercoop Business Customers
Business customers interested in Enercoop are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying their business type, telephone number, and power capacity needs (either less than/equal to 250 kVA, or greater than 250 kVA)
How to Open an Account with Enercoop
- You need to have the following information in order to open an energy account with Enercoop
- Your contact information: name, e-mail address, phone number
- The full address of your new accommodation. Don't forget the floor and apartment number if it is a flat (e.g. third floor, door on the left)
- The name of the previous occupant
- Your banking information (RIB) (IBAN and BIC, if you choose automatic payment)
Signing up for an electricity account or natural gas account with Enercoop is simple, and takes only a few minutes. You can either contact them directly over the phone, or sign up online on their website.