You are here
Moving to France? Call Selectra's English-speaking customer service phone number at 09 87 67 37 93 (Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 8 pm, Saturdays from 9.30 am to 6 pm) to open an electricity and/or gas account in your name with an alternate supplier. Our comparison service can help you find the plan and provider that meets your needs. Selectra is an Internet and energy comparison service that helps you find competitive offers with our partner suppliers. Find out more (in French) Announcement
Enercoop, Renewable Energy Cooperative
Enercoop is a renewable energy supplier in France. Run as a cooperative, it seeks to promote renewable energy production in France, and counts many actors within the environmental activist scene in France as members.
Enercoop is an alternate supplier that was created in 2005 as a cooperative (more specifically, as a SCIC - Société Coopérative d'Intérêt Collectif). Its founding members include various important actors in the French environmental scene, including Greenpeace, Biocoop, les Amis de la Terre, and others. The goal of the supplier is join energy producers and consumers so that all are involved in promoting renewable energy production at a local level.
Enercoop began selling to residential customers in 2007 when the French energy markets opened to competition. The supplier developed regional energy cooperatives as it evolved. In 2015 Enercoop counted 10 cooperatives that provided more than 110 GWh of renewable energy for 25 000.
Enercoop is an energy supplier that is pas comme les autres ("not like the others"), and the cooperative goes beyond the role of supplier of energy by seeking to engage a wider public in energy issues, notably the energy transition. Common positions that Enercoop members share include:
- Rejection of nuclear energy: along with questionable environmental consequences, France's reliance on cheap nuclear electricity is a hindrance to attempts to reduce energy consumption
- The current, centralised electricity productions system is inefficient, and leads to mismatches between supply and demand, leading to unnecessary losses. Decentralised energy production systems, situated closer to the consumer, should be developed instead.
- Renewable energy in France is currently underdeveloped and underfunded, something that Enercoop seeks to correct
- With fossil fuels rapidly depleting, it is important to quickly develop renewable power sources
A Green Energy SupplierEnercoop sources its electricity supply from 100% renewable sources. The supplier counts 100 energy producers throughout France, which includes 62 hydropower facilities, 25 wind farms, 2 biomass facilities, and 11 solar power installations.
Unlike other suppliers in France, who purchase electricity supply on the wholesale market from generation companies, Enercoop's prices are based on the cost of supply (and not based on market prices). Enercoop's electricity supply rates are more expensive than the EDF regulated tariffs, by about 6 - 10€/month (depending on your existing electricity consumption). However, given Enercoop's unique structure and their activist mission, paying a small premium is not an issue for Enercoop clients.
Did You Know?While EDF regulated tariffs have increased steadily over the past few years, Enercoop's rates have remained the same since 2005!
|Puissance de compteur||Subscription Charge||Per kWh rate||Sign Up|
Our thoughts: Customers choose Enercoop for their mission and values, and not for the prices
Enercoop English-Speaking Customer Service
Enercoop does not currently offer English-speaking customer service. Customers interested in signing up for a plan with Enercoop can do so online on their website.
Looking for a Renewable Energy Supplier in France?Check out our guide to French renewable energy suppliers, or call Selectra´s English speaking customer service to sign up with one of our partner green energy suppliers
09 87 67 37 93
The appropriate Enercoop contact depends on your region. Customers in Ile de France can call Enercoop Monday through Friday between 9am and 12:30 pm or between 1:30 pm and 6 pm at 09 70 68 07 65. Customers in other regions can find the appropriate number to call on our Contact Enercoop page.
How to Open an Account with Enercoop
- You need to have the following information in order to open an energy account with Enercoop
- Your contact information: name, e-mail address, phone number
- The full address of your new accommodation. Don't forget the floor and apartment number if it is a flat (e.g. third floor, door on the left)
- The name of the previous occupant
- Your banking information (RIB) (IBAN and BIC, if you choose automatic payment)
Signing up for an electricity account or natural gas account with Enercoop is simple, and takes only a few minutes. You can either contact them directly over the phone, or sign up online on their website.