Butagaz: Prices, Offers and Customer Service in France in 2021
Best known as a butane and propane provider, Butagaz has started to diversify its activites since 2017, and now sells both electricity and natural gas offers in France. Find out all about the supplier's tariffs, reviews and cutomer service in the following article.
The Butagaz propane offers in France
As a specialist in propane gas tanks, the Butagaz proposes 3 comprehensive offers:
- Butagaz ecoConfortique: a fixed price offer including all the following options:
- The choice of the type of tank (buried or overground);
- A regular maintenance service;
- A complete technical control of the tank;
- Automatic delivery of gas;
- The choice of commitment period (1 to 5 years);
- The choice of payment method
- the "Conso exceptional" guarantee, which allows you to not pay more, even if the consumption exceeds up to 10% more than the initially estimated consumption.
- Butagaz Ideo: a customizable offer that allows the customer to choose a number of options:
- The choice of the type of tank (buried or overground)
- Delivery method of the gas;
- Duration of commitment;
- Payment method;
- Paying a fixed price for gas.
- Butagaz Solo: the same conditions as the Ideo offer apply, but in addition it also allows the consumer to own his tank. The consumer can thus be totally independent and freely choose their gas supplier. They will be able to change offer and French propane provider at their leisure, without having to change the tank.
Butagaz offers a fairly interesting price per tonne for gas on the French market. For more information about Butagaz tariffs and offers, call Selectra at 09 87 67 37 93, or ask for a free callback. You can also fill out this fom to get a free quote for Butagaz (in French).
The Butagaz propane bottles
Butagaz bottles are available nationwide, in most supermarkets and gas stations.
Tariffs for these will depend on the size you purchase. The most popular model for gas bottles is the 13kg bottle, but you can purchase models of up to 35 kg.
Note that the first time you pay for a propane gas bottle, the price will include a deposit ("consigne") which corresponds to the rental of the bottle itself. You will be given a deposit certification ("certificat de consignation") to keep safely, and only give back the day you want to stop getting gas completely to get your money back. In the meantime, when you wish to refill your gas bottle, you will only pay for the gas inside the bottle.
The Butagaz electricity offers in France
The provider gives its clients a choice of two Butagaz electricity offers when they set up propane in France. It is interesting to note that he prices are below the regulated tariffs.
The Butagaz offers for electricity
Before subscribing to a Butagaz deal, customers need to decide whether they want:
- An offer with a fixed price for 1 year
- An offer with a fixed price for 2 years
Both these offers guarantee a discount of up to 5% on the price per kWh compared to the regulated tariff, and are contract-free.
Once the initial period chosen is over, the customer is transferred onto a different pricing system, the "Barème Butagaz". Prices are from then on indexed to the market fluctuations of Epex Spot (the European stock market for electricity).
The tariff will be subject to monthly changes and either increase or decrease, depending on the stock price of energy at that given time.
The Butagaz tariffs for electricity
Below are the tariffs for electricty, which vary depending on meter power and the period of subscription to fixed prices chosen.
You can choose to go for the Base system (with flat rates regarless of the time of day), or the Heures pleines / Heures creuses system (a peak / off-peak system where tariffs depend on the time of day).
|Meter power||Prices fixed for 1 year||Prices fixed for 2 years|
|Annual subscription||Price per kWh||Annual subscription||Price per kWh|
|3 kVA||118.01 €||0.1496 €||133.83 €||0.1578 €|
|6 kVA||142.38 €||0.1496 €||158.20 €||0.1578 €|
|9 kVA||193.00 €||0.1536 €||182.45 €||0.1620 €|
|12 kVA||222.52 €||0.1536 €||206.69 €||0.1620 €|
|15 kVA||246.00 €||0.1536 €||230.18 €||0.1620 €|
|18 kVA||270.12 €||0.1536 €||254.30 €||0.1620 €|
|24 kVA||322.66 €||0.1536 €||306.84 €||0.1620 €|
|30 kVA||377.73 €||0.1536 €||361.91 €||0.1620 €|
|36 kVA||418.12 €||0.1536 €||402.29 €||0.1620 €|
|Meter power||Price fixed for 1 year||Price fixed for 2 years|
|Annual subscription||Price per kWh
|Price per kWh
|Annual subscription||Price per kWh
|Price per kWh
|6 kVA||153.66 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||169.48 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|9 kVA||212.38 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||201.83 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|12 kVA||248.24 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||232.41 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|15 kVA||277.17 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||261.34 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|18 kVA||303.57 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||287.74 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|24 kVA||346.46 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||330.64 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|30 kVA||396.09 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||380.26 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
|36 kVA||442.43 €||0.1725 €||0.1295 €||426.60 €||0.1825 €||0.1362 €|
The Butagaz natural gas offers in France
The Butagaz natural gas offers work similarly to those for electricity, but will vary depending on your area of residence and the quantity of energy you consume.
The Butagaz offers for natural gas
Like for electricity, when subscribing to a gas offer with Butagaz, a client has the choice between the following:
- An offer with fixed prices during 1 year, with a discount of up to 10% on the price of each kWh of gas (before tax) compared to the regulated tariffs for gas, and even up to 13% off for very heavy consumers.
- An offer with fixed prices during 2 years, with a discount going up to 10%.
Similarly to with electricity, once the chosen period is over, the client is transferred ontothe "Barème Butagaz" and prices are this time indexed to the stock prices on the PEG Nord market. Tariffs will thereafter evolve on a monthly basis.
Do you have contracts for both gas and electricity? Combine them and save even more money! Butagaz indeed offer a €40 discount on dual subscription to gas + electricity. Likewise, if you have several houses or apartments, you can get €20 off for each additional contract you agree to with Butagaz.
The Butagaz tariffs for natural gas
Tariffs for natural gas don't follow a homogenous pattern like electricity. The amount you will pay for a Butagaz subscription depends on where you live, and what your class of consumption is (B0, B1...), as bills will naturally depend on the amount you consume
Reviews of Butagaz in France
Customer reviews for Butagaz are mixed. Clients typically report the following positive and negative aspects of the provider:
- A relatively available customer service, which is also very satisfactory: in 2016, 95% of Butagaz clients declared being happy with the services they received from it.
- Significant savings made compared to the regulated tariffs
- No green energy offer (even though the supplier does offer carbon compensation), at a time when more and more focus is being put on renewable energies
- Lack of clarity in the different Butagaz offers
The French Butagaz customer service
Here are all the ways to contact Butagaz, depending on your query.
The Butagaz helpline for gas and electricity
- If you are already a Butagaz client and wish to contact the provider, call 09 69 39 09 19.
- Not yet a Butagaz client? To subscribe to Butagaz for a new gas or electricity contract, you can call Selectra's English-speaking advisors, at 09 87 67 37 93, or ask for a free callback.
The Butagaz helpline for propane
The number to call will depend on what your propane-related query is.
Over-the-phone assistance for propane quotes
To subscribe to a offer for a propane tank, you can call you can call Selectra's English-speaking advisors, at 09 87 67 37 93, or ask for a free callback. You can also get a free and instant quote for a Butagaz deal.
Over-the-phone assistance for propane tanks
Depending on where your home is in France, there are different stockists with distinct numbers. Find out below which one corresponds to you.
|Stockist||Departement of residence||Phone number||Address|
|GAZARMOR||16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 29,
35, 36, 37, 41, 44, 49,
53, 56, 72, 79, 85, 86, 87.
|09 70 81 81 04||4 Rue Louis Berliot
ZI de Troyalach
29556 Quimper Cedex
|LOGIGAZ||01, 02, 03, 08, 10, 14,
21, 25, 27, 28, 38, 39,
42, 45, 50, 51, 52, 54,
55, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61,
62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 70,
71, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77,
78, 80, 88, 89, 90, 91,
92, 93, 94, 95.
|09 70 81 81 00||408 Rue d'Abbeville
80047 AMIENS CEDEX 1
|PROXIGAZ||04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 11,
12, 13, 15, 19, 24, 26,
30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 40,
43, 46, 47, 48, 64, 65,
66, 81, 82, 83, 84.
|09 70 81 81 06||75 rue Saint Jean
31132 BALMA Cedex
|SOCOGAZ||2A, 2B||04 95 46 02 54||RN200
Over-the-phone support for issues with a tank
As a Butagaz client, you will automatically get access to 24/7 assistance for any issues related to the following:
- Problems with home appliances: oven, hob, fridge, freezer, washing-machine, dishwasher, dryer
- Problems with heating devices: water heater, boiler, thermostat
In this case, simply ring 0 810 716 302. The Europ Assistance will cover the fees for up to €250, but anything above that price will be yours to pay.
Over-the-phone assistance for propane bottles
For private individuals and professionals alike, the number to call for the Butagaz customer service for propane bottles is 09 70 81 82 22, available from Monday to Friday from 8.30am-6pm and Saturday from 9am-1pm between November 1st and April 30th, then from Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 6pm only the rest of the year.
The Butagaz mailing address
If you wish to write to Butagaz, you can address your letter to:53 rue Raspail
92 594 Levallois-Perret Cedex.
Who to contact in case of an emergency
If you experience a gas leak or gas-related serious incident, immediately open all windows and leave the building. Then, contact either:
- 09 69 32 50 51 for issues related to a tank or a bottle
- 0 800 47 33 33 for issues related to a natural gas installation
Both numbers are free from a fixed line and are available 24/7.
About Butagaz in France
Butagaz was founded back in 1932, by the Shell corporation. It was purchased by the Irish company DCC Energy in 2015, and since 2017 offers energy contracts for private individuals and professionals in France.