Planète Oui, Renewable Energy Supplier in France
Planète Oui: electricity offers
Our thoughts: Planète Oui has one of the cheapest electricity offer available for small power consumers (with a puissance de compteur of 3 kVA)
|Type of offer||Electricity||Gas||Find out more|
|100% Vert||Planète Oui particuliers||Not available||09 87 67 37 93
About Planète Oui
Planète Oui was created in 2007 under the name "Planète Ui" by two former EDF et Poweo employees, and positioned itself as a green supplier with a strong environmental sensibility. In 2009, Planète Oui signed a partnership with domestic wind company Windéo that enabled Windéo customers to sell their electricity to Planète Oui at special prices.
Based in Lille, Planète Oui currently has about 30,000 customers across France.
Planète Oui: a green energy supplier
Planète Oui only offers "green" (100% renewable) electricity. 95% of the electricity supplied by Planète Oui comes from hydropower, and 5% from other renewable energy sources (wind, biomass, etc). The high proportion of hydropower (which is relatively cheap) is what allows Planète Oui to offer renewable electricity at the same prices as the EDF regulated tariffs (tarifs réglementés). Planète Oui invests about 20% of its profits in renewable energy projects, which includes an upcoming solar power generation facility (produced in collaboration with Ramery Environnement).
Planète Oui's main strength is the simplicity of its offer: green electricity at the same price as the regulated tariffs (tarifs réglementés). With their reduction on the annual fixed subscription charge, Planète Oui actually ends up being cheaper than EDF for customers who have a small puissance de compteur (3 kVA). As a matter of principle, Planète Oui does not offer reductions on the per kWh rate for electricity, in order to avoid encouraging customers to consume more electricity than necessary.
Find other renewable energy suppliers in France
Planète Oui: additional services
Free services to help you lower your bill
- Electréconso : 10% discount on your fixed subscription charge when you record your monthly power meter reading (online, over the phone, or by email). The goal of this service is to help customers become more aware of their electricity consumption and keep their budget under control.
- Electrécolo : 10% discount on your fixed subscription charge if you stay below a certain electricity consumption level fixed by Planète Oui.
- Electréasso : Donate savings made through the Electréconso and Electrécolo plans to a partner NGO (you can choose an organisation amongst a list of Planète Oui partner NGOs).
- Electréfacto : Track your consumption patterns online in your personal space.
Additional (paying) services
- Option Coup de Pouce (3 € TTC/mois) : with this option proportion of alternative energies (solar, wind, biomass) in the electricity mix for your consumption increases from 5% to 20%.
- Option Alerte (0,50 € TTC/mois) : Receive an email 10 days before the end of the month to remind you to declare your meter reading (only available with Electréconso)
- Option Facture Papier Recyclé (1,50 €TTC/mois) : Receive a hard copy of your bill in the mail.
Contact Planète Oui
- Customer service: 09 74 76 30 19, Monday to Friday from 10 am to 1pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm (numéro cristal)
- Headquarters: call 09 64 03 12 65 or send a letter to Planete OUI - Services Clients, Parc Eurotechnologie, 2 rue HEGEL, 59160 LILLE/LOMME
Find full contact information for Planète Oui in our guide.
Open an Account With Planète Oui
New customers can call Selectra's English-speaking customer service at 09 87 67 37 93 (Monday to Friday from 8.30 am to 8 pm, Saturdays from 9.30 am to 6 pm) or ask for a free callback to find out more about Planète Oui and to sign up for a plan. It is also possible to sign up for a plan with Planète Oui on their website.
- You need to have the following information in order to open an account with Planète Oui for electricity
- Your contact information: name, e-mail address, phone number
- The address of your new accommodation. Don't forget the floor and apartment number if it is a flat (e.g. third floor, door on the left)
- The name of the previous occupant
- Your banking information (RIB) (IBAN and BIC, if you choose automatic payment)
Planète Oui Prices
|Power Capacity (kVA)||Annual subscription charge (base)||Per kWh rate (base)||Annual subscription charge (Time of day pricing)||Per kWh rate (Peak)||Per kWh rate (Off-peak)|